Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) is a State Corporation established by KICD Act. No. 4 of 2013. The Institute is mandated to develop curricular and curriculum support materials for all levels of education below the university.
View Current Job Opportunities below:
- SENIOR ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, E- LEARNING (KICD SCALE 13) ONE (1) POST
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR PROCUREMENT SERVICES, KICD SCALE 12 (1 POST)
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES KICD SCALE 12 (1 POST)
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, TV PRODUCER/DIRECTOR KICD SCALE 12 (1 POST)
- CHIEF PROGRAMMER (TV) (KICD SCALE 11) ONE (1) POST
- CHIEF CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, HINDU RELIGION EDUCATION (HRE) (KICD SCALE 11) (1 POST)
- CHIEF RECORDS MANAGEMENT OFFICER (KICD SCALE 11) (1 POST)
- CHIEF PROCUREMENT OFFICER (KICD SCALE 11)
DIRECTOR/CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Institute seeks to fill the position of the Director/Chief Executive Officer.
1. Provide leadership in development and review of curricular and curriculum support materials.
2. Coordinate review of local and foreign curricular and curriculum support materials.
3. Co-ordinate research activities in the Institute.
4. Create partnerships and linkages to promote research in development of curricular and curriculum support materials.
5. Ensure prudent utilization of human, financial and material resources in the Institute.
6. Initiate policy formulation in the Institute.
7. Play a leading role in implementing policies formulated by the Governing Council.
8. Secretary to the Governing Council.
Qualifications for appointment
Applicants are required to comply with the following conditions:-
a. Be a citizen of Kenya;
b. Holder of at least a postgraduate degree in education from a university recognized in Kenya;
c. Has at least ten (10) years experience in management level in matters related to education and
d. Meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Kenya Constitution.
Applicants are required to provide clearance certificate from each of the following institutions.
i. Kenya Revenue Authority
ii. Higher Education Loans Board
iii. Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
iv. Criminal Investigations Department
v. Credit Reference Bureau
The successful candidate will hold office for a term of five (5) years and will be eligible for re-appointment for one further term.
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications together with detailed curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates, minimum of three (3) referees and testimonials in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top ‘Application for the position of Director/Chief Executive Officer ’ and mailed or delivered to:
Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development
P O Box 30231 00100
Applications may also be e-mailed to
The applications should be received on or before 14th April, 2014